Transfer Domain Name Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I transfer my domain name to OnMax Host Digital?
You can consolidate all your domain portfolio at OnMax Host Digital. We offer a simple and easy-to-use Domain Management platform together with our Award-Winning Support 24/7.
How much does Transfer Domain Name service cost?
At OnMax Host Digital, domain transfers are charged per domain name at a flat fee plus an ICANN registration fee, where appropriate. You will also retain the registration term remaining on your domain name (at your present registrar) and we also add one free year registration extension FREE as a bonus.
Are there any limits to when a domain name can be transferred?
You can transfer your domain name(s) to and from OnMax Host Digital at almost any time as long as your domain name registration is active at your present domain registrar. However, ICANN prohibits domain transfers within 60 days of registration or prior transfer (.au excepted). ICANN policy
How long does it take to complete a domain name transfer?
Generally, a domain name transfer takes between seven (7) to ten (10) days to complete. However, the time may vary for certain domain name extensions. For country-code Top-level Domains (ccTLDs) transfer, please go to About ccTLDs then click on the specific domain extension for help.
How Do I track my domain name transfer progress?
When transferring a domain name to or from another domain registrar, you can check the status of the transfer. This will give you information on when the transfer was initiated and if any additional steps are needed to process the transfer.
- Log in to your OnMax Host Digital Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- From the Domains menu, select Transfers:
- Under the Pending Transfers heading, select the appropriate option: (a) If the domain is moving to your account, select Transfers In; (b) If the domain is moving from your account, select Transfers Out.
- Review the details for pending domain name transfers. You can see when the transfer was initiated and the status of the transfer.
- Select the domain name directly to learn more about the transfer status, including any additional required steps.
What are the steps for transferring my domain name to OnMax Host Digital?
To prepare your domain name for transfer, you’ll need to complete a few steps with your current registrar.
- Unlock the domain name with your current registrar.
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar.
- Verify contact information on your domain name. The administrator’s contact information may be used by your current registrar during the transfer process.
- You can buy OnMax Host Digital domain transfers for up to 500 of your domain names at once, listing each one on a separate line in our bulk domain transfer tool. If the extension you’d like to transfer isn’t listed, you can’t transfer that domain name to us.
NOTE: Domain transfer eligibility details can be found in ICANN’s Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy and our Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement.
If your domain name transfer is stuck or giving erriors, please check our Domain Name Transfer Troubleshooting Tips.